If you are in marketing, advertising, publishing…hell in any industry actually, you have to read this report from Fleishman Hillard. The study is called: The digital influence Index study: Understanding the role of the internet in the lives of consumers in the UK, Germany and France and the key findings can be downloaded here. Just have a look at the graph!
- Influence: The Internet is by far the most important medium in the lives of European consumers…but companies are underinvesting in that influence.
- Adoption of Behaviors: Consumer use of the Internet falls into five distinct classes of behaviours. Smart marketers will clearly understand the mix of behaviours that is most critical to their business —and formulate integrated campaigns to address that mix.
- Impact on Decision-making:Consumers use the Internet in different ways to make different decisions. The differences are driven by the impact of the decision on their lives and the range of available choices.
- Attitudes:Consumers see the clear benefits of the Internet to their lives, but they still have strong concerns that need to be addressed.
- Differences by Country:Although most survey results were consistent across all three countries studied, several interesting distinctions emerged.
Found thanks to Technomarketer